Creating a Powerful Professional Image
Join us for an evening devoted to building your professional image and strengthening your network of F&M friends.
Our program will begin at 6 p.m. with a networking reception with fellow Diplomats. Appetizers and a cash bar will be provided. At 7 p.m., we will enjoy remarks by Beth Throne, associate vice president for student and post-graduate development; Tammy Halstead, interim director of career services; and an all-star alumni panel discussing the topic Creating a Powerful Professional Image.
The discussion will be led by Jinnie English ’94, CEO of Chicago’s High Achievers, management consultant and psychotherapist. Panelists will include the following accomplished F&M alumni:
· John Weaver ’82, managing director, The Situs Companies
· Maria Morris ’84, executive VP for technology and operations, MetLife
· Jill Arnold ’01, director of business development, AXA Art Insurance Corp.
· Adam Lorentzen ’10, development associate, National September 11
Memorial and Museum
The program will speak to successes and challenges around professional imaging, providing ideas attendees can "try on" in their own professional lives. Some of the topics that will be discussed include:
· The fine line between social and professional
· What "makes up" a professional image
· How our personal paradigms impact the image we project
· Understanding the professional image you project and learning how to
· How successful professionals develop and display confidence
· How to strike the balance between being part of the team and being
· The role of office politics on image, and when to "play"
· Getting to know the culture of an organization and “fitting in”
After the panel discussion, Jinnie English will deliver a workshop-style presentation. She will help attendees develop personal plans for applying what they’ve heard in their own professional lives.
Register today! If you have questions about the program, please call Alumni Relations at 866-925-5500.